Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Welcome to Second Grade!
There is definitely a transition from teaching grades 4-6 to moving to grade 2. I have never felt so needed in my entire life! The children here are so cute, but they don't really understand the concept of structure. They will walk up and shove paper in your face in front of everyone else and expect you to speak to them. So, we go over everyday our rules about sitting and raising our hand, not shouting out, and not touch each other. This is all very new for them and for me. So, we learn and grow together every day. Tomorrow is Wednesday which is our version of Friday so it is very exciting but feels weird. The transition of work week is not as hard to try and figure out as I thought. Then again, my days are running together so I have not been keeping track.
Today I took my boys to the pool so they could learn to swim which was very funny and hectic. Trying to get 24 boys to change, get into the pool, swim, get out, shower, and change back in 30 minutes is pretty much an impossible task. So many complications arise such as clothes getting lost, clothes being soaked, shoes getting lost, not having a new shirt, not having new pants, losing socks etc. I definitely will be waiting a long time before having kids of my own. ;-)
I have been able to get on skype and it works very well. If you would like to talk on skype, send me a message. I would love to talk with friends from home! I do not have a chord to connect my camera to this computer so I will not be able to post pictures until later next week. Please continue to keep me in your thoughts. I miss you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment